Teleport can provide secure connections to your databases while improving both access control and visibility.
Some of the things you can do with Database Access:
- Enable users to retrieve short-lived database certificates using a Single Sign-On flow, thus maintaining their organization-wide identity.
- Configure role-based access controls for databases and implement custom Access Request workflows.
- Capture database activity in the Teleport audit log.
Let's connect to a PostgreSQL server with
psql and pgAdmin 4 after authenticating
with GitHub, execute a few SQL queries and observe them in the audit log:
- Getting started: Connect Aurora PostgreSQL in a 10 minute guide.
- Active Directory SQL Server (Preview): Connect Microsoft SQL Server with Active Directory authentication.
- AWS DynamoDB: Connect AWS DynamoDB database.
- AWS ElastiCache & MemoryDB: Connect AWS ElastiCache or AWS MemoryDB for Redis database.
- AWS RDS & Aurora: Connect AWS RDS or Aurora PostgreSQL, MariaDB or MySQL database.
- AWS Redshift: Connect AWS Redshift database.
- AWS Keyspaces (Apache Cassandra): Connect to an AWS Keyspaces database.
- Azure PostgreSQL & MySQL: Connect Azure PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Azure SQL Server (Preview): Connect Azure SQL Server with Azure Active Directory authentication.
- Azure Cache for Redis: Connect Azure Cache for Redis.
- GCP Cloud SQL MySQL: Connect GCP Cloud SQL MySQL database.
- GCP Cloud SQL PostgreSQL: Connect GCP Cloud SQL PostgreSQL database.
- MongoDB Atlas: Connect MongoDB Atlas cluster.
- Self-hosted CockroachDB: Connect self-hosted CockroachDB database.
- Self-hosted Elasticsearch
- Self-hosted MongoDB: Connect self-hosted MongoDB database.
- Self-hosted MySQL & MariaDB: Connect self-hosted MySQL or MariaDB database.
- Self-hosted PostgreSQL: Connect self-hosted PostgreSQL database.
- Self-hosted Redis Cluster: Connect a self-hosted Redis Cluster.
- Self-hosted Redis: Connect self-hosted Redis.
- Self-Hosted Cassandra & ScyllaDB: Connect self-hosted Cassandra or ScyllaDB.
- Snowflake (Preview): Connect Snowflake.
- GUI clients: Configure database graphical clients.
- Dynamic Registration: Register/unregister databases without restarting Teleport.
- High Availability: Deploy database access in HA configuration.
To learn more about configuring role-based access control for Database Access, check out the RBAC section.
The Architecture section provides a more in-depth look at Database Access internals such as networking and security.
See Reference for an overview of Database Access-related configuration and CLI commands.
If you hit any issues, check out the Troubleshooting documentation for common problems and solutions.
Finally, check out Frequently Asked Questions.