Application Access Guide
Teleport Application Access is designed to provide secure access to internal dashboards and applications, such as:
- Internal control panels.
- Wikis / tooling that're available only when connected to a VPN.
- Infrastructure dashboards, such as Kubernetes or Grafana.
- Developer tools, such as Jenkins, Gitlab, or Opsgenie.
Get started with Application Access in a 10 minute guide.
These guides explain basic Teleport Application Access usage.
These guides explain how web apps behind Teleport Application Access can leverage Teleport-signed JWT tokens to implement authentication and authorization.
A load balancer might display network telemetry through a control panel but might lack the ability to authenticate with and be accessed by resources outside your private network.
Teleport lets team members access these resources securely, even outside a private network:
- Team members can access private resources securely using certificates and SSH tunnels.
- No sharing of resource secrets, passwords, or credentials.
- All interactions with any connected resource can be monitored, logged, and tracked.
- Now, private resources can securely communicate with other resources that aren't on the network.
Other common legacy app scenarios:
- An internal admin tool.
- Control panel for networking devices.
Teleport Application Access also supports modern web applications such as internal web tools and infrastructure software:
- Kubernetes Dashboard.
- Jupyter notebooks.
- In-house Single-Page Apps (SPA).
- SPA with custom JSON Web Token support (JWT).