Last Updated: July 25th, 2023
We may also provide you additional privacy notices regarding our collection, use or disclosure of information. Please read this Policy and any other privacy notices carefully. Please note that this Policy does not form part of any employment contract or contract to provide services.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked to you ("Personal Information") in connection with your application for employment at Teleport. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency, recruitment company, or others who provide references. We will collect additional Personal Information throughout the course of your application process.
The information we collect from and about Job Applicants includes, where applicable:
- Identifiers such as full name, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- Professional or employment-related information , including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through the application and recruitment process, and our evaluations of your performance during the interview process.
- Career information such asjob titles; work history; work dates and work locations; salaries; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements; and professional memberships.
- Business travel and expense information such as travel itinerary information and expenses incurred for travel during the interview process.
- Other information, that you may voluntarily choose to include on your resume or in connection with your application.
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
How We Use Personal Information
We have or will collect, use, share, and store Personal Information for Teleport's and our service providers' and contractors' business purposes, which include, where applicable:
- HR management and administration, including determining compensation, scheduling, fraud prevention and investigation, IT, and informational security purposes, conducting internal analyses and audits.
- Engaging in the recruitment process, including job advertising, interviewing, testing, and selecting and hiring new personnel.
- Legal compliance, such as complying with applicable laws, and responding to and cooperating with legal or regulatory requests and investigations.
- Exercising our legal rights, including seeking legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
We may also use Personal Information for any other legally permitted purpose (subject to your consent, where legally required).
Except where you provide such information voluntarily on your resume or in your application, we do not collect Personal Information that is considered "sensitive" under applicable law during the recruitment process.
How We Share Personal Information
We may disclose certain Personal Information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
Internally : to employees within Teleport that participate in the recruitment process, such as HR managers and employee interviewers.
Service Providers : such as travel providers, testing companies, and applicant tracking system providers. These entities process your Personal Information on Teleport's behalf in performing services for Teleport and are subject to contractual restrictions on use of your Personal Information.
Recruiters: to the extent you are working with a recruiter in connection with your application for employment and your recruiter is authorized by you to obtain feedback from us regarding your application and interview process.
Legal compliance and exercising legal rights : when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency; and to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
Business Transaction Purposes : in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger of all or a portion of our business.
Consent : with your consent and as permitted by law, we may share Personal Information with any other third parties in any other circumstances.
The Personal Information we collect from Job Applicants will be retained for as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected and our legal obligations. As described above, these purposes include our business operations and complying with reporting, legal and accounting obligations. In determining how long to retain information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the Personal Information, the purposes for which we process the Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes in other ways, the applicable legal requirements, and our legitimate interests.
Additional Privacy Information for Residents of Certain Jurisdictions
Depending on applicable law in your jurisdiction of residence, you may have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to certain exceptions, if you are a resident of a jurisdiction that provides such rights, you may request:
- access to your Personal Information including the right to know the categories of Personal Information we have or will collect about you and the reason we will or have collected such information;
- correction of the Personal Information that we have or will hold about you that is inaccurate;
- deletion or removal of your Personal Information.
You may also have the right not to be discriminated against (as provided for by applicable law) for exercising your rights.
Exceptions to Your Rights: There are certain exceptions to these rights. For instance, we may retain your Personal Information if it is reasonably necessary for us or our service providers to provide a service that you have requested or to comply with law or to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
Exercising Your Rights: To exercise one of the rights above, you may contact us as provided below.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. In doing so, we may ask you for verification information so that we can match at least two verification points with information we maintain in our files about you. If we are unable to verify you through this method, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to request additional information from you.
For California Residents: California law places certain obligations on businesses that "sell" Personal Information to third parties or "share" Personal Information with third parties for "cross-context behavioral advertising" as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"). We do not "sell" or "share" the Personal Information covered by this Policy and have not done so in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Policy.
How to Contact Us About This Policy
If you have questions about our collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information, please call us at (855) 790-7253 or contact us via email at [email protected].