Upcoming Teleport Releases
The Teleport team delivers a new major release roughly every 3 months.
(Preview) GCP Auto-Discovery for Server Access
Teleport will be able to automatically enroll GCP VM for server access.
(Preview) OpsGenie Access Request Plugin
Teleport will include OpsGenie access plugin.
Delayed from Teleport 13.0.0.
|13.1.0||June 5th, 2023|
The key deliverables for Teleport Cloud in the next quarter:
|May 8th, 2023||Add support for hosted Access Request plugins|
|June 5th, 2023||Teleport 13.1 begins to roll out for Cloud customers|
|June 5th, 2023||Advanced Audit Log rollout begins|
Teleport follows semantic versioning for pre-releases and releases.
Pre-releases of Teleport (versions with suffixes like
should not be run in production environments.
Pre-releases of Teleport are great for testing new features, breaking changes, and backwards incompatibility issues either in development or staging environments.
Major releases look like
Major releases of Teleport contain many large new features and may contain breaking changes.
Due to the scope and quantity of changes in a major release, we encourage deploying to staging first to verify your usage pattern has not changed.
Minor releases look like
Minor releases of Teleport typically contain smaller features and improvements. Minor releases can typically be deployed directly to production.
Most customers upgrade to the next major version of Teleport during the first minor release, such as 13.1.0.
Patch releases contain small bug fixes and can typically be deployed directly to production.
A product or feature may be marked as "Preview" if any of the following is true.
- The product or feature is missing key functionality. For example, Microsoft SQL Server support for database access initially shipped without audit logging support.
- The product or feature has NOT been adopted by at least 2 existing customers.
- The product or feature has NOT been through a security audit.
- The documentation for the product or feature is incomplete.
- Assets (e.g. binaries) associated with the feature are not published to our official downloads page.
Use preview features in production if the above issues are not a concern.